Last time we talked about the impact of climate change and how it impacts your utilities or municipality. Now let’s look at the reason you need to act now.
The global changes we’ve experienced can’t be fixed with a simple cure all. Even if we eliminated all greenhouse emission completely tomorrow, our world wouldn’t go back to “normal”. The damage we’ve done with our advancements is here to stay, at least for a while. But by acting now, we can try to prevent future destruction to our planet and help remedy some of the issues we’ve already caused.
Your immediate action to cut down greenhouse emission and minimize your carbon footprint will help your local region, as well as the world as a whole. You can also act as a role model for other industries on ways to help our environment.
So what are the impacts of climate change and how do they impact your community?
- Extreme Heat Waves: Extreme temperatures are hard on everyone. But they are specifically difficult for the elderly in your community. Extreme heat can put the disadvantaged in your community at risk, as well.
- Water Shortages: Along with extreme heat come drought conditions. Lack of water hurts crops, animals, and the residents.
- Air Pollution: The greenhouse emissions also impact those with breathing problems and other medical conditions.
- Disease Transmission: Changing climates have led to an increase of waterborne and pest transmitted diseases.
- Severe Storms: Extreme storms and floods can damage roadways, bridges, or other infrastructures.
By taking time now, you can prepare for these impacts on your community and help combat future negative effects of progress.